Community Living – Brandon is a voluntary, not-for-profit, organization committed to enriching the lives of people who live with an intellectual disability, in Brandon and area, by promoting their full inclusion in the community.
We are a local community chapter of Community Living – Canada and Manitoba. We were Incorporated in 1956 and over the years have had two name changes.
Our current name Community Living reflects the belief that everyone has the right to live a fully inclusive life within the community – to live, to learn, to work, to participate and to enjoy retirement.
Our vision is to create a community that fosters full inclusion, participation and acceptance of every individual living with an intellectual disability. To create a community that embraces the individuals right to make choices, grow, learn and share the experiences of an inclusive lifestyle.
Community Living – Brandon supports, advocates for, promotes and facilitates the full participation, inclusion and acceptance, by the community, of people who live with an intellectual disability.We:
- Develop positions and policies that promote positive change
- Provide resources, information and education
- Create opportunities for networking
- Build public awareness and community support
- Provide financial support to individuals, families and service providers
- Implement new services
- Provide advocacy for those we serve